Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Tri Three Training Day

Today was our first meeting with Performance High for the Tri Three Training program. We spent 3 hours going over a ton of information from nutrition and hydration, to rest days, to how to read the weekly workouts. I am already sure that most of my bad experiences in workouts and races have been due to lack of carbohydrates and not enough water. Hopefully that will be easy to remedy now that I know what to do!
The coaches are extremely motivating and confident we will make it to the finish line alive and with a good time. I hope they are right!
We went for a short run after the meeting and it did suck just a little since I have only run a few miles in the last three months. But it did feel good to do it and it makes me exited for my workouts this week. Luckily we are starting off slow. We only have 5.5 hours of training this week including 2 coached workouts on Wed and Sat. I think I can handle that!
I signed up for the race today too, so there is no going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment