Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Official - Boise 70.3!

I signed up (and paid my money) for a tri coach for 70.3. We start official workouts January 9, 2010 which will be 24 weeks to race day. In the meantime we are suppose to mostly rest and mentally prepare for training, but I will take a couple of technique clinics in the next 8 weeks for swimming and running and I will have a professional bike fit too. I am planning on buying a tri bike (along with a bunch of other tri stuff), but I am going to fit my road bike so that the first part of training goes well. I am hoping to find one in March at the Bike Swap, which should be plenty of time to get used to it before the race.
The training program sounds amazing and our coach is certain we will make it to the finish line....they had a 100% success of finishers last season!
I am really nervous, but very excited and I am eager to learn!
I am not going to do any running between now and training just to make sure that I don't continue with foot pain that started after my half marathon.
Stay Tuned for Training Updates after the first of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment