Sunday, October 4, 2009

City of Trees Half Marathon

I finished my first Half marathon today. I wasn't exactly prepared because I was sick for two weeks prior and I was only able to run a few miles the week before the race. The weather was crappy, rain and wind....but that didn't end up being too bad once we got going....it was better than running in 100 degree weather, it just sucked when we finished because I got cold fast!
My time was 2:17 which is exactly what I thought it would take me. Amber finished before me at 2:05 and Kelly finished just after me. It was hard toward the end....my longest training run was 10 miles and my legs were really feeling heavy for the last two miles, but I was still able to pick up the pace for the last .2 miles for a strong finish. I feel pretty good about it and even though when I was out there I was wondering why I signed up for it....a few hours later I am ready for another.....very addicting. I have a 10k in two weeks and then may do another half in 4 weeks.

Kathy and I have decided to train for 70.3 for June 2010.....that is only 8 months away....we will start our coached training workouts in January. In the mean time I am going to keep running and swimming on my own. I am a little nervous...I know it is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but it will feel so good to cross that finish line after all of that training!

No comments:

Post a Comment