Monday, August 3, 2009

Training - Emmett

Kathy and I went out to Emmett last Saturday to practice the course for our Tri next weekend. We were pleasantly surprised at the reservoir. It was really pretty and the water was a little chilly, but perfect for a wetsuit swim. We decided to swim for 15 minutes and that went okay. I still freaked out a little at first, maybe it is the tightness of my wetsuit....hopefully that doesn't happen on race day. Then we decided to ride our bikes out and back from the reservoir. The ride out was 6 miles and pretty easy....the ride back was a little harder, uphill to the dam...but a good 13 mile ride. Then we drove down into town where T2 will be and ran the race route. It was a pretty easy 3 miles. The course is an easy flat loop. We finished at about 1pm and it was pushing 100 degrees. It is supposed to be a little cooler on race day and we will start earlier so it should go just fine. Hopefully I worked out the fears and I will be able to sleep Friday night. I am sure I will still have butterflies about the swim. I just can't seem to train enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment