Saturday, August 7, 2010

Emmett Tri 8.7.10




This was my first official Olympic distance race (Deschuttes had a down river super easy swim). I have to say it was a little tough. I had a goal of 3 hours and I missed that by 11 minutes. The swim was a little longer than I anticipated, but I also wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I made it out of T1 under 2 minutes, but had a little trouble with my gears getting started on my bike....
The bike was good, there was only one big climb, so it went pretty smooth. I could feel my legs getting a little tight so I chugged the gatorade on the second half....that would not be enough for the run though. After a quick T2 - 48 seconds and I even put on socks, I struggled off my bike, my shins were really tight. No official cramps, but I had to dig deep mentally to keep going. It didn't turn out too bad with a 1:03 run, but it felt horrible.
I was glad to make it to the finish line....enough said :)

No comments:

Post a Comment