Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 Tri Season Begins

Spring Sprint Triathlon 4-9 and 4-10.
This was a great first race of the season. The swim is on Friday night and the bike and run is on Saturday morning. Because of our training plan we are supposed to look at this race as a "C" race, meaning we keep our heart rate in our training zones, no matter what the speed is. It is a good way to keep yourself in check so that you don't get freaked out and think you have to go faster just because people are passing you....it is very hard to do though!
The race started off great for me with the 750 meter swim in 13:28! That is a great improvement in my times from last year! My 12.5 mile bike was 43:59 and a 5k run (hills) in 30:32! I felt really good and I almost stayed in the training zone, there was a point on the bike where my heart rate was up pretty high, but part of that was nerves I think. I kept it in high 3 for the run so that was great considering it was in the foothills and we have been running all flats since January!

Training continues at a steady pace. We are moving into a long run cycle with some decreased bike times, so that should feel a little better than the last cycle of high bike and high run times. In two weeks we will do the longest run of our training program.

No comments:

Post a Comment